Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Thanksgiving Challenge

Well, I had a surprising 2 pound loss this week. I was not expecting that much at all since we had gone out to a Japanese hibachi grill earlier in the week. Everyone is really starting to comment on how good I am looking and that is making me feel great. I am feeling great inside as well. I am sleeping better. I don't have constant stomach issues. I have lots more energy. I hope I can keep it up.

On a harder note, this week I have two Thanksgiving dinners to attend. My goal this week is just to maintain and not gain. If I lose weight this week, I will be pleasantly surprised. I am not going to hold my breath however. Hopefully, I can get in some extra exercise to help balance out all the yummy, hard to resist food. Wish me luck.

Here is to a healthier me this next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your comments. The first comment I've gotten was yesterday. My dad told me that my face looked skinnier. He's the only one who's noticed. Oh well, I'll get to a point where everyone at work will be commenting eventually... hopefully I don't have to wait another 20lbs to hear that though.

    The biggest things that help me when faced with choices like big dinners are:
    1. only eat what you REALLY want
    2. nothing ever tastes as good as the first bite so I start with small portions

    I'll be waiting to see how you do :) We've got turkey on thurs too (though my pickiness helps me here since I don't really like turkey and all that comes with it)

    ReplyDelete